Avengers 4 endgame

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
txgriz
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:56 pm

Re: Avengers 4 endgame

Post by txgriz » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:59 pm

I just sent my dump from the US Cinematic Universe Edition

So far, mine will not decrypt.

d22901
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:53 pm

Re: Avengers 4 endgame

Post by d22901 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:28 am

saf001 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:39 pm
d22901 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:00 pm
Dump sent as well - Cinematic Universe Edition
That is what I had and it picked it up just fine. 58GB with only US sub titles and audio checked.
UHD official or friendly drive? "Volume key is unknown for this disc" for me with BW-16D1HT drive. EDIT: I see that you used the same drive, just as backup instead.

handcraftedbits
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:03 pm

Re: Avengers 4 endgame

Post by handcraftedbits » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:51 am

Remember that they don't just manufacture these discs with a single volume key, many of them are in play. That's what it'll work for some people and not others -- it's just luck of the draw if you managed to get a disc with the same key as someone else who submitted their dump before you.

d22901
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:53 pm

Re: Avengers 4 endgame

Post by d22901 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:00 am

handcraftedbits wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:51 am
Remember that they don't just manufacture these discs with a single volume key, many of them are in play. That's what it'll work for some people and not others -- it's just luck of the draw if you managed to get a disc with the same key as someone else who submitted their dump before you.
Noted - thanks.

SamuriHL
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: Avengers 4 endgame

Post by SamuriHL » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:07 am

Yup, and as noted, even the same store/type of disc (i.e. best buy steel book) can have different title keys, as well. It's not by country, either. It's just random.

handcraftedbits
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:03 pm

Re: Avengers 4 endgame

Post by handcraftedbits » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:45 am

saf001 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:33 pm
Not sure if it helps but I was able to backup the retail copy just fine (US). Maybe the key has already been updated. BD-RE Asus BW-16D1HT drive that is recommended here and purchased the disk from Best Buy.
Another FYI for anyone new to this, you'll always be able to do a full disc backup, even if the keys aren't known yet (no actual decryption takes place). This is precisely what I do when I get a "volume key unknown" error. Back it up, put away the disc forever, and check back in a few days.

d22901
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:53 pm

Re: Avengers 4 endgame

Post by d22901 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:53 am

handcraftedbits wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:45 am
saf001 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:33 pm
Not sure if it helps but I was able to backup the retail copy just fine (US). Maybe the key has already been updated. BD-RE Asus BW-16D1HT drive that is recommended here and purchased the disk from Best Buy.
Another FYI for anyone new to this, you'll always be able to do a full disc backup, even if the keys aren't known yet (no actual decryption takes place). This is precisely what I do when I get a "volume key unknown" error. Back it up, put away the disc forever, and check back in a few days.
I did this a bit earlier - thanks for the confirmation.

SamuriHL
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: Avengers 4 endgame

Post by SamuriHL » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:01 am

Yea, I have a script that I use that enables LibreDrive mode for the drive and then uses ImgBurn to create a protected ISO. Same idea. Just open the ISO with MakeMKV to check if it's supported periodically.

d22901
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:53 pm

Re: Avengers 4 endgame

Post by d22901 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:08 am

SamuriHL wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:01 am
Yea, I have a script that I use that enables LibreDrive mode for the drive and then uses ImgBurn to create a protected ISO. Same idea. Just open the ISO with MakeMKV to check if it's supported periodically.
Good stuff - this is the first time in my admittedly limited exposure to extracting from physical media that the key didn't exist to address directly from disc. Creating a backup does seem like the logical path rather than relying on the disc again down the road.

SamuriHL
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: Avengers 4 endgame

Post by SamuriHL » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:10 am

Yup makes it much easier for when the key is released.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk


saf001
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Avengers 4 endgame

Post by saf001 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:34 pm

Thanks all. I did not know how it worked thus asking. Learned something new.

For what it is worth the backup/makemkv file played perfectly fine. Ubuntu server, plex, and nvidia shield to older 4k LG set. Again, thank you for the information as when the next disc fails and creates a dump I won't ignore it and wait like I usually did.

dbeachy1
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:49 pm

Re: Avengers 4 endgame

Post by dbeachy1 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:47 pm

Just submitted a dump for my Best Buy Steelbook Avengers: Endgame disc. I'm looking forward to making a slightly edited version of this via Adobe Premiere Pro for my own enjoyment (making edits of my favorite movies and shows is a hobby of mine). :)

cconklin1
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:52 pm

Re: Avengers 4 endgame

Post by cconklin1 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:54 pm

Iron Man 1-3 ripped fine
Thor 2 ripped fine
Thor 1 and Endgame, still no dice. submitted dumps.
all discs from Best Buy steelbooks

cconklin1
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:52 pm

Re: Avengers 4 endgame

Post by cconklin1 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:05 pm

handcraftedbits wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:45 am
saf001 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:33 pm
Not sure if it helps but I was able to backup the retail copy just fine (US). Maybe the key has already been updated. BD-RE Asus BW-16D1HT drive that is recommended here and purchased the disk from Best Buy.
Another FYI for anyone new to this, you'll always be able to do a full disc backup, even if the keys aren't known yet (no actual decryption takes place). This is precisely what I do when I get a "volume key unknown" error. Back it up, put away the disc forever, and check back in a few days.
I have been ripping discs since before mkv worked with UHD and never thought about doing that! Makes perfect sense, and thanks for the tip..

handcraftedbits
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:03 pm

Re: Avengers 4 endgame

Post by handcraftedbits » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:18 pm

My regular copy purchased from Best Buy just decrypted. That's gotta be the quickest turnaround I've seen. Poor Mike was probably getting swamped with emails for this one. :lol:

Post Reply